Saturday 28 February 2009

I knew things were going too well.

I have been so careful, but at the beach today I had my shorts stolen - containing the key to my apartment, some money, a couple of bank cards, my Brazilian mobile phone and my small camera. They were canny - the things were taken from right under a friend´s nose.

Presently, the biggest annoyances are not being able to get into the flat and the loss of my camera (although I had downloaded pretty much all the photographs from it).

A friend, Alan, is still here and so I have borrowed some cash and his local mobile phone. I´m now killing time - in just a vest and trunks - in an internet cafe while I try to get hold of the owner of my place, to pick-up a spare key. Thankfully, no one bats an eyelid around here when you´re wearing just beachwear, even at night!

Sigh.

No comments: