Monday 16 February 2009

After four fantastic weeks, Stein, my dear friend and travelling partner, has this evening flown back to London. I'll miss him very much.

I remember so clearly the moment some months ago I put to him: "Hey, how do you feel about going to Antarctica?" and his "I'm up for it." response. Little did I know how well it would all turn out.

We've known each other a long time and holidayed together before (although neither of these are necessarily ingredients for good, friction-free travelling, especially when 10 days at sea in a compact cabin is involved). But there's really no one else I would rather have shared the last month with. It's been absolutely superb and huge fun.

Thanks, Matey, and good luck with the new life and job in New York. I'll see you in July. 

No comments: