Monday 19 January 2009

Returning to summer.

After five sensational weeks in Africa and five busy but cold, windy and mainly grey days back in London, my friend, Stein, and I are bound for S America tomorrow. 

First stop: Rio de Janiero, then onwards to Buenos Aires. From there, southwards to Ushuaia, Argentina's last frontier and the departure point for our ten day trip to the White Continent, Antarctica.

From what I've read and heard, no place on earth compares to this vast pristine wilderness. It's beauty, scale and majesty supposedly blows the mind. And it's somewhere that I have always wanted to experience.

It's been great to return home for a few days and to catch up with family and some friends - but I can't wait to get back to the southern hemisphere's summer and to embark on this incredible trip.

No comments: