Thursday 18 December 2008

"You zee, ze sing is zis..."

Charly continues to be great company.

His thoughts on the world's current state of affairs and funny little sayings (like this entry's title) have entertained me on some bloody long road trips the last few days.

I've learnt how he loves Thailand, has been several times and wanted to move there but that his wife wouldn't do so, saying that there were too many distractions for him there.

"Afterall", he said, "what do you when you're in a bar and a sexy young girl comes up to you?".

"Err, ask if she comes with an instruction manual" would have been my response - but I decided instead to let that conversation topic trail off, suspecting minority rights in Namibia might not be that progressive.

And then I thought: Hmm, Charly, I've read about characters like you.

No comments: