Friday 5 December 2008

I'm done.

I've cleared my desk and sent my last email from work, at least for a while. Got out at 9, shattered. Great send-off from the team earlier in the day, including a brilliant card they'd put together. I don't think they believed it when I said I'll miss them, but I will. 

Amazingly, managed to get the last of my Asia flights booked. Routing is: London - Hong Kong -  Bangkok - Rangoon - Bangkok - Kathmandu - Paro -Kathmandu - Hong Kong - Manila - Hong Kong - London.

Thankfully, the troubles at B'kok are over and flights have resumed.

Got home, realised 'this was it' and felt peculiar. Next week's going to be odd I think. Five days to myself in CPT, before hitting the road. I kind of need that, to unravel. 

With impeccable timing, a welcome distraction has come into my life. 

Time for bed, hopefully not waking at 4 with my mind racing over what's to be done - as has been the case the last few days. 

No comments: